Monday, June 22, 2020

Celebrations from This Year

Dear Families,

It is with mixed feelings that I write this final blog post. This has been such an unusual year and it pains me to not get to finish it with the students in class. We took up some important and powerful work this year that I was so excited to continue it and share it with you.

As you collect your child’s belongings this week and read their report card, I encourage you to find a time to sit and go through the work together. There are assignments to share that deserve to be celebrated, and finding a way to provide closure is important in us being able to move on to the next school year.

I ask that you pay particular attention to three assessments that are in your child’s package that I spent a considerable amount of time on back in March. I had planned for students to share these with you at the March learning conference; they have not seen them yet.
1)    Affordable Housing unit floor plan
These three assignments make up a significant portion of the students’ work in Term Two. They each relate back to our work from SEED School, and they showcase the way the students applied their learning in real-life ways.

Below, I have posted pictures from the bulletin board we created for the March learning conferences. The students spent a fair amount of time creating this board for you by documenting their journey of learning from December to March around homelessness.

I also posted the photos the students took during SEED School that we were going to share in a Photo Exhibition the night of the Animation Sharing in April. These stunning and moving pictures capture the feeling of invisibility that we explored in relation to human dignity.

I wish you and your family a safe and happy summer. I hope to see you all back at Ramsay School in September.

With much love and gratitude,

Erin

 

 

 

 


Our Invisible Population

Every person deserves to feel dignity and a sense of belonging 









How to View our Google Classroom

Hi Everyone, One last quick note from me: As per instructions, I have "Archived" our Google Classroom. You are still able to v...